Thursday 15 September 2011

Good Steps Of Writing Blog Posts Titles


Once you get even remotely serious about blogging, you’re bound to go out there looking for advice/ideas/information. There’s plenty of stuff out there, much of which is quite good.
I think the most important thing to remember is this:
There are no hard-and-fast absolutes when it comes to blogging, only things that have worked and not worked for others.
That’s not to say that there aren’t better (and worse) ways of doing things, but doing X or Y isn’t a guarantee of anything. That’s the mystery of blogging.

One of the first things you realize is the importance of your blog post titles.
Here’s what I’ve learned along with my own thoughts:
1. Be Specific: This is probably the most important thing. And this is where I learned my lesson last night. 


2. Long Blog Post Titles: I wish I had some references for this, but I’ve seen a general consensus among some successful bloggers that long blog post titles work better


3. Stand Out: This is tricky. Writing good blog post titles is like writing good newspaper headlines (and knowing someone that does that, I know how hard it is). 


4. Use Effective Keywords: Almost everyone will tell you this, and I think if anything, this is the most “absolute” of my points. Use effective keywords in your blog post titles. 


Ben Yoskovitz

1 comment:

  1. Thanx a lot for telling us the steps. now it would be easy for us to post blogs.

    ReplyDelete