Sunday 10 October 2010

Teenage Life

I'm 19 and live the usual normal average teenage life full of laughter and happiness but also full of regret and anger.  I close myself off from the world, thinking that I'm safer in my own world where no one can get close enough to hurt me, but I have found that's the wrong way to live life, you have to face the world head on and even though you might get your heart broken you can still have hope…
Life is hard! Growing up is difficult. When does it become easier? Each day feels like a routine, you get up, go to college, go home, do homework, watch television and go to bed. Then the cycle repeats itself over and over again. Each day is filled with excitement and laughter, but each day is filled with its problems. Some are tiny but others hit you like a brick wall. That's where friends come in, the problem might not get easier but friends are there to pick you up when things get tough.  My friend once told me, "Never focus your life on your problems but focus harder on the happier things like family, friends and love."
For girl's problems, I know that they mainly consist of boys and..... boys. They always seem to be on our minds weather it is a good thing or a bad thing and however much girls always say, "I hate boys" or "boys sucks", girls don't actually believe that, otherwise we wouldn't always keep liking them.  We just can't admit that we don't understand the way they think. Girls always say that "we don't need boys, we can live without them". I never want to admit it but we do, they are always going to be there and they do support you and try to be what we want them to be, we just don't appreciate it.
I find that days without problems can't go better! You go around college with a smile on your face with nothing that can bring you down. You talk to the most amazing friends, which just make you laugh and realize how lucky you are.  Whenever I am feeling down I always remember this saying,
"Smile, even when you don't feel like it, as you never know who is falling in love with your smile."
Friends have always and always will be important in life, you can never get very far without them, but it's who you chose to be your friends.  You have to figure out which ones will be there for you through the darkness.

5 comments: