Tuesday 12 October 2010

The broken tooth.

I slapped an adorable kid and he hit me back and I again smacked that kid and he punched me back and I started crying and this strategy won me the battle- I had his GI JOE.

Once I was asked to drink milk (with Complan) and I threw it in the shit pot and I was caught- yes, I forgot to flush; yes I was a child- my bed was of pillow size, I used to pee in my tiny shorts and still smile. We all once had our front tooth absent and we all slept with lights switched on because we all were once children.

The transformation is quite quick; we never are able to set a line between our childhood and our teenage life and then our adulthood. It all just comes and leaves without a sign and we change, we are not same anymore.

Time has passed and gone is the innocence.
Gone with the wind, the scent of our childhood and left us with a vacuum called the life after eighteen.
Colorful were the colors once, so were the thoughts.
Morning had birds with them, it also had a sun.
We have stopped feeling colors, our thoughts are dull.
When was the last time we observed a bird, forget the sun.

May be that’s how it is, may be that’s what adulthood is all about.
But let it not affect our memories, let it not stop us from sharing our childhood.

Let’s go back to the GI JOE days, let’s share some memories from our lives before eighteen.

Thank You.

7 comments:

  1. well,first of all..very nicely written..
    hmmm...now memories of my life before eighteen...
    i remember one...i participated in a 'fashion show'..haha..we had to do all dat cat walk n stuff...there were 3rounds..1.ethinic wear 2.saree3.western..while doing makeup...dat artist coloured my short blunt hairs "golden brown"..
    dat was horrible...but as we are not at all bothered about our luks i carried it off to stage..now wen i luk at dat pics of mine...i seriously laugh out loudly..i mean so ewww....and carrying saree wen i was in 7th standard..haha...was fun xperience..


    'Peace'
    lolzzz...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well written!
    true i too have childhood memories and when we all cousins discuss abt it we laugh our hearts out..
    @akanksha i also want too c those pics. plz bring thm to class..plzzz..
    hey evry1 plz ask akanksha to bring those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very well written yaar.....i really liked it.... cud really feel it....thanx a lot
    na ya akansha shruti is rite.....plz bring those pics yaar....:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mayank and shruti-mjhe apna katta karvane ka koi shaunk nai hai.....i ll nt brng those pics....:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is too gud Dhruv...
    thnxxx 4 posting dis...
    by ur dis post v again went into our childhood memories...
    @akansha-i even want to see ur dat pic...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you people.
    maybe everybody should bring their childhood pics...
    and mayank ans shruti- share your memories too.

    ReplyDelete