Today we had an informative lecture from our respected course coordinator Dr. Smita Mishra.
The lecture started with a brief discussion about 'Types of Communications'
These are classified as:
1: Intrapersonal communication- defined as communication within oneself.
2: Interpersonal communication- defined as communication between two persons.
3: Group communication- defined as communication within a group.
4: Mass communication- defined as communication through masses.
We discussed about the factors affecting the encoding of a 'message'
In a conversation, message is first encoded then decoded.
We discussed about formal and informal mode of communication.
* The message should be encoded according to the receiver.
Medium of communication
* PRINT ( NEWSPAPERS, MAGAZINES)
* Electronic (Television, Radio)
* New Media- medium for all the four types of communication mentioned above
* Cinema- it is an cumulative experience involving both the senses (sight and hearing) which have exerted a profound influence on the thought and imagination.
NEWS: any new information which is then structured according to the medium.
- Daily happenings
An information is not considered a news until and unless it contains a surprising element.
* It should be of public interest.
* It should have distinctiveness, proximity etc.