Thursday 13 September 2012

Getting Ronnie Boy Back


Courtesy: thefootballasylum.com

Dear C.Ronaldo,
It has been 2 long years when we last saw you in the Red jersey of Manchester United hailing the trophy you netted. Time has passed and now, you are living your dream. You are where, you thought you belong and hence, life is amazing.
Well, I wasn’t that a fan of football when you joined United but when I heard your view about the Jersey no.7, you became my upcoming hero. After all, I loved Beckham.
Yes, I had not seen Beckham play in the red shirt much but then, he was my icon. Since you took his place, I, like other fans, had my expectations stuck to you. You were playing good, good enough to please your fans. Then you took Portugal to the Euro final in 2004, which definitely added tons of fans to your bags. Well what then, you had everything. From goals to fans, everything was going fine.
It was 2008, a regular year for a fanatic and we all waited for your magic to shiver our worlds. I counted you as our next George Best, as your name shivered my spine, the very same way. You had the same lethality in you. You were scary for every squad and people regarded you as their ‘Magician’ at Old Trafford. Goals after goals and goals even after, you were living the dream. Trust me, we loved you. Well, we still do.
As you lived my expectations, you were my personal hero. When people said legends, you flashed my mind and soul. Amazingly, I had the best time of my life, as a footy fan. And then, you were ripping opponents with your charm. You were running fast, as the boots had magnetic approach with the field. You dribbled as the ball could not be taken away from your boots and then, you were UNITED’S NUMBER 7. 2008, undoubtedly, could have been the best season for you.
As people assumed that fame hit you like a break, you will change and your firm will drop, nothing of that sort happened. You continued brilliantly and you did not stop scoring.
It was 2009 and, out of the world, you broke my heart. You decided to join the Spanish giantsReal Madrid. Even though I knew, you wanted to go Spain, I hated you. I hated you every moment till you sign up for those 80 million Euros. But for a fan across miles, why would you care. Well, eventually, I realized, you claimed your dream and I cursed myself, for hating you. I knew, you were living your dream and to support it, I like Madrid too. Manchester United still is my favourite, by the way.
Well what then, Viva La Ronaldo. You still are the king of hearts of every Manchester United fan and we still love you at Madrid. You are still scoring, although, I wish it was for United.
As people compare you to Messi, disgust rush over me. Messi is amazing, agree. But, what is the point of comparing two different humans, who are playing in their primes. You both are legends in the making, so let us chuck this part.
Moving forward, you are a complete footballer. You look good, hot and charming. Enough to make girls sit and watch football, even when they don’t know the rules. You play so well that boys won’t mind being the next you. And then, you are special to the very special Jose.
As I read people writing of you coming back to United, I don’t mind praying every 11.11 for the same. I hope you finish your career with us, at United. Do this for your fans, Ron. Do this for the hope; we have struck with you forever.
In the hope that you’ll be back-
A United Fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment